July 14, 2014 in des moines.
I cannot stress enough: summer is half over. [and wonder ..how the heck did that happen?]. the season to “squeeze it all in” tends to go by at a much more rapid pace, than say ..winter. but with the wedding mere months away, it’s going by even faster.
we have officially entered “summer bucket list crunch time”.
sadly, below is my updated list. I need to get busy. [and to be fair, I went to the farmer's market, just didn't walk away with a breakfast burrito ..so I'm not counting it. I want a breakfast burrito!!].
• visit the downtown farmer’s market. don’t leave without out fresh flowers, a breakfast burrito, and a large iced coffee.
• drink with wild animals. [go to zoo brew].
go cheer on the iowa cubs. // complete!
• go to jasper winery for a summer concert series nights.
• have a picnic at saylorville lake.
• take a 20-mile bike ride.
• have our engagement photos taken.
• go to the iowa state fair. [maybe for a concert?].
5 4 3 [new to me] des moines restaurants. // 2 down: mullet’s + malo [see #3].
• sample beers at a local brewery.
spend the fourth of july out of town. with friends + fireworks. // complete!
• go tent camping. [at least 1 night. and s'mores must be involved].
• attend an art festival.
• read 3 books. preferably poolside.
how are you doing on your bucket list? do you have any tips to maximize your summertime?