I mentioned in my spring goals recently that I want 7.5 hours of sleep each night. and I can honestly report back + say, since march 20th I’ve only missed that one night.
but it’s never as easy as just “going to bed”. there must be a routine.
firstly, I have a jawbone UP fitness band, that I wear daily, mostly because of the sleep tracker. it measures my total sleep each night, including deep + light sleep. as well as how long it took me to fall asleep, and if I woke up at all during the night. it can even wake me up in the morning.
everything I do to “get ready for bed” is either to help me fall asleep faster or to help me wake up refreshed.
• aromatherapy pillow mist.
• clean face [wash + moisturize] + teeth.
• check your alarm twice, for peace of mind. [there’s nothing worse than waking up in the middle of the night, thinking “did I set my alarm?”].
• get 7+ hours. you’re going to go to sleep feeling good about the next day & wake up well rested.
• and if you have time before bed, read a book. it’s truly the best way to unwind.
one last thing: try to wake up at the same time every single day [except the weekends, I just can’t]. my alarm clock is set for 6:33AM every day. even though during the week, my in-times at work fluctuate between 8AM and 10AM.
happy hump day!
P.S. last night I got 8h 4m of sleep. and I’m feeling pretty good about today.