the super bowl has always been a holiday to me.
why? because it meets all of my holiday qualifications ..
• it’s something I look forward to every year.
• I can spend the entire day drinking. and it’s completely acceptable. even encouraged.
• the food can only be described as delicious. or “worth the wait”.
• calories don’t count.
• meat, cheese, and tortilla chips become the only three food groups.
• I stop to think: “has there been a moment today I didn’t have food in my mouth?” then I answer, no.
• the dress code is comfortable.
• there is entertainment.
• and sitting on your couch is the only requirement.
what is not to love?
so clear your calendar of any engagements this sunday. and get to the grocery store before the velveeta cheese + rotel tomatoes are gone! this is serious business folks.
the next three days I will be sharing with you food & cocktail recipes to make the big game that much more enjoyable.
and on sunday, I’ll be live tweeting during the game. mostly about commercials. but obviously, football too. and photographs of what I’m drinking & eating, because that’s important.
see you tomorrow!
and come hungry :)