allow me to set the scene ..
I’ve spent a good chunk of the day cleaning my place. the other part pretty much just throwing ingredients into crock pots + bowls. the puppy bowl is on, and I’m trying my darnedest not to get too distracted by the television. there is a party to execute. my goal is to have an abundance of scrumptious food + beverages for my guests, without spending too much time in the kitchen + too much money out of my wallet. the finished product ..
• beer + wine are party staples. you can’t beat trader joe’s for wine; get a red + a white. when it comes to the beer I serve during the super bowl, it’s budweiser products. purely because they have the best commercials. seriously.
• for the signature cocktail, set up a whiskey moscow mule station. your guests can help themselves and you maximize your time spent enjoying the party.
• appetizers can be tricky, but don’t let them stump you. stick to the classics. it is a football party after all.
• for the main course, a sloppy joe bar. it can be hard to cook for a group of people. because chances are their taste buds vary. pick a comfort food staple + offer topping options. let your guests build their own sandwich.
• odds are you will have a few guests that aren’t the biggest football fans, I believe they can be persuaded. offer them a super bowl inspired bingo game board and a bowl of these
candy bingo markers ..and you’ve got yourself a fan. need a prize for the winner? how about a 6-pack of a local brew or a whiskey moscow mule kit?
now you have the formula for an easily executed super bowl party.
let’s just hope the NFL + the patriots get the deflated ball situation figured out. I’d hate for that to put a damper on my festivities. tom brady must play.
if he doesn’t, what will I look at? joke.
and for those of you in denial, february 1st is only
a bit over 1 week away.