I love to cook, but when it comes to breakfast in our house ..[J]’s the man. it all began one morning with surprise chocolate chip pancakes, in bed. and from then on ..I’ve been requesting his pancakes, frequently. after many delightfully chocolatey mornings ..I have convinced him to share a recipe. it’s perfect – the fruit you should have + the chocolate you want. all in [J]’s banana chocolate chip pancakes.
gather your ingredients and pre-heat the griddle.
in a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tbsp sugar. leave a well in the center.
whisk together 1 egg (slightly beaten), 1 cup milk, 2 tbsp melted butter (cooled & divided).
combine wet and dry ingredients in large bowl.
makes approximately 10 5-inch pancakes.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter (cooled)
- 1-2 bananas (mashed)
- preheat griddle to 350°F.
- whisk together dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar – in large bowl. make well in center.
- whisk together wet ingredients – egg, butter, milk
- combine dry & wet ingredients in large bowl
- mash banana and fold into batter
- pour appx 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- add chocolate chips (we like them chocolatey!)
- when bubbles appear over the top of each, flip and cook until golden brown.
- remove and repeat. lightly cover the pancakes with tinfoil to keep warm while you cook the rest.
- pour on your favorite syrup.