after hearing 10
great reasons to host a super bowl party.. decision made! I’m throwing a super bowl party. I know what my guests are going to drink + eat. but to keep their interest during the football game ..I needed an idea.
this game day bingo is genius. it will keep everyone’s attention. and brings the competition right into your living room. [unless I’m playing with someone over 80, I refuse to lose in bingo]. sheknows.com has 4 bingo cards for you to print + distribute to your guests as they arrive.
for the entertainment, just print your game boards + set a dish of
candies bingo markers on the tables. [I used fruit vines. the trick is not eating all of them before bingo starts]. add fresh flowers to bring a bit of femininity into the traditionally testosterone-filled holiday.
almost friday thursday everyone.
I’ve shared the perfect signature cocktail + main course for your super bowl party, now I will try to convince you to actually have one. we’re calling this ..
10 reasons to throw a super bowl party.
*in my honest + personal opinion.
1. to have a valid + great reason to cook +
devour enjoy a whole spread of “comfort” food [aka: foods you shouldn’t eat daily. or so they say].
2. to piggy back on #1, little smokies!! [or cocktail sausage, whichever you prefer]. just two ingredients and a crock pot – have you met an easier appetizer? *don’t forget the toothpicks.
3. to watch the puppy bowl + kitty halftime show on animal planet with other humans. which will obviously fill your living room with “awe’s” and the desire in each of your guests to add another furbaby to their families.
4. dressing up is not required. this is one party you’ll casually host in a tee shirt. sign me up.
5. a good reason to have a cocktail party with your friends. bonus: scheduled entertainment.
6. you need someone(s) to discuss the good, bad, and ugly commercials with. [I’m partial to the budwesier commercials; using cute puppies in ad campaigns is brilliant].
7. a great way to finally peer-pressure + trick yourself into cleaning your place. [we all know post-holidays winter hibernation is a real thing].
8. left-overs, left-overs, left-overs!! [this does not exclude the adult beverages].
9. so you have people to talk to + keep you entertained while you’re waiting for the
commercials football game to come back on.
so ..have I convinced you?
this week it’s all about how I plan for the big game. yesterday, we discussed signature cocktails. and today, we’re talking the main course ..
I am creating + very much recommending a sloppy joe bar.
it can be hard to cook for a group of people. because chances are their taste buds vary. pick a comfort food staple [insert: sloppy joes] + offer topping options. they’re synonymous with sporting events in my mind. all I worried myself with was cooking the meat + finding enough bowls for all of the toppings. I set everything out and let my guests build their own sandwiches, as they pleased.
the beauty of it all is I can happily feed all of my guests from the comfort of my couch. I don’t have to miss any
commercials touchdowns, because I’m in the kitchen. everybody wins! [I loosely followed rachael ray’s sloppy joe recipe].
more tips + recipes for hosting a super bowl party to come this week. stay tuned ..