oh, 2014. you were one for the books.
we moved into a new apartment in des moines. • I accepted a new job in march. • in april, I attended go blog social [a blogger conference] in kansas city. • we had the most magical engagement photographs taken. it was my pinterest dream come true. • I got married. which I’m sure you probably didn’t even know, because I barely spoke about it. not here, or here, and surely not here. I may have even forgotten to share our wedding video. insert: an overload of sarcasm. • we added a sweet, little furbaby to our family + named him Sir Rigby. • we spent the holidays in chicago. •
top four posts of 2014:
• hot buttered rum • 10 things you must do in des moines • DIY coasters • bridal sparkle •
• apple cider moscow mules • DIY housewarming basket • the opening of pinot’s palette • date night at malo •
I cannot wait to see what 2015 has in store. I am hoping for an amazing first year of marriage. filled with loads of traveling + adventures. more exploring the great city we live in. much health + happiness. and a lot of time with friends + family.
what were your favorite moments of 2014? what are you looking forward to in 2015?
I feel eerily blessed as to how simply our wedding planning has gone thus far.
and knock on wood ..the entire process is this stress-free & fun.
our [so far] successes:
get [J] to propose.
• collectively decided on a destination wedding.
• selected a date + location.
• picked our colors.
• purchased my dream wedding dress.
• 99% sure found bridesmaid dresses.
• design our save-the-dates. [and quite possibly our invitations too].
• chose our first dance song.
[*editor’s note: I’m clearly not following a wedding checklist, as I’ve managed to find dresses before bridesmaids. minor detail].
and of course, what I’m dreaming about:
packing my bag + heading to paradise to become mrs [J].
1 kate spade statement earrings / 2 TOMS sunglasses / 3 fiona fedora / 4 vince camuto beach tote / 5 kate spade charm heels.
a detail that has me stuck: engagement photos. how the heck do you select a photographer? or a location? if you have any tips, I am all ears!