if there is one thing I’ve learned through the wedding planning process, it’s that planning a party is no easy task. once you have the large decisions made, there are never-ending details to attack.
as a soon-to-be bride, I have an unbelievable amount of love + support surrounding me. people who are willing to do so much to ensure I get the full “bridal experience”. it’s incredible. and truly eye-opening at just how lucky I am.
so I wanted to say thank you to those amazing people who hosted both of my bridal showers. and what better way than a sweet “party is over! now it’s time for you to relax” basket.
the contents: aloe-infused slippers. / ‘thanks a windmillion’ nail polish. / champagne. / mason jar wine glass [that [J] made]. / chocolate. / bath soap.
in addition to the basket, [J] designed the greatest card to go along with it. [it’ll be posted on LLinaBC’s facebook page later today. it’s a must see].
I made three of these baskets. and do you think I could take the time to photograph them? nope. grrr!
I got the baskets at TJ Maxx. they have a really good selection. so start there.
pictures from both of my bridal showers coming soon!
after 5 days in chicago, [J] & I are back home in des moines.
unfortunately our very unexpected trip was not for the happiest of occasions.
we celebrated the wonderful life of [J]’s grandfather.
my immediate reaction when I learn someone I deeply care about passed away is my own sadness. how much I’ll miss them, in my life. but I eventually gain a better perspective. celebrating their life. [J]’s grandfather was the happiest man. he dearly loved his family and would do anything for them. he wasn’t the best joke teller, but could always make you laugh. and there is no doubt in my mind, he lived every day to the fullest. so even though our hearts are heavy, you can’t help but smile and hope to achieve the happiness & success he had in his life.
we drank our way though chicago with family. dedicating each toast to grandpa [J].
here are a couple shots from our visit to eataly chicago & a quick stop at antique archaeology on our road trip home.
to see more of our trip, stop by LLinaBC’s facebook + instagram.
[including a stop at the most amazing donut shop, glazed & infused].
& happy 6 days until thanksgiving!
there’s something about the holiday season that naturally lifts your spirits. hello holiday cheer!
and cheers to one of the last non-holiday-influenced week in photos .. :)
- I got new ‘boots with the fur‘. courtesy of my aunt. just in time for the brrrr [I can’t say the w-word, yet].
- I took my happy-self to the dollar store & hobby lobby for some DIY supplies. [I’ll be sharing the projects on the blog next week].
- my aunt [that got me the boots] ALSO got [J] & I these handy refillable, travel-size perfume bottles. made by travalo. they’re so easy to use!
- the finished product: [J]’s cologne is now in a convenient, airport-security-friendly bottle ..and he’s ready to leave for NYC. [my bottle is pink!].
- on tuesday night, I made myself a scrumptious cup of hot chocolate. topped with whipped cream & chocolate shavings, of course.
- then I looked outside, and saw ..SNOW! ugh.
- [J] was in NYC this week, for business. and sent me this shot of him in times square. ahh, I miss it. a little.
- AND he brought me back a pint glass from the heartland brewery. which I love, an old date spot of ours :)
- HE’S HOME! [you can thank the pink hue to my phone cover].
have an amazing weekend everyone.
don’t forget: like little [lessons] in a BIG [city] on facebook. when it reaches 100 followers, there will be a giveaway!! [22 away – let’s do it! ..please] :)