I’ve been a married woman for a month now. it’s so exciting. but I’m pretty sure we haven’t been able to slow down enough to fully enjoy it.
or to catch up on our sleep. we’re currently planning a “return wedding reception,” in my hometown ..in fifteen short days. we thrive under pressure. thank god. speaking of wedding, we had our first snowfall yesterday. it wasn’t a lot, but it was enough you could see it ..and know winter is officially upon us. can we go back to the dominican republic now?
since we’ve been back
besides wedding planning, we’ve kept very busy. a few of my favorite moments over the last month ..
des moines has finally made it. we got a nordstrom rack. [J] + I attended the pre-grand opening party. the champagne was gone by the time we arrived, so we drank miller lite. // indulged in decadent macaroni & cheese while sipping on brews at exile brewery. // attended a beautiful, rustic wedding at a hidden gem of a venue, barnes’ place. // spent countless mornings strategizing over coffee + breakfast sandwiches. // poured wine at the iowa beer, wine, & food expo. stationed perfectly at the “sweet bitch” wine. // fallen even harder for the two men of the house. they’re so dang cute together.
see more on instagram @LLinaBC
hump day wednesday
I must interrupt our regularly scheduled programming.
we had our first snowfall.
usually I’m the opposite of excited, but I got to enjoy it from the safety + warmth of the indoors. so it was rather beautiful. and I decided to create a celebration around it.
[J] is 110% against anything christmas-related before thanksgiving, but I convinced him to put up our outdoor icicle lights on sunday evening. saying it’d be miserable to put them up when there is snow on the ground. what the heck happens the very next day? snow!
baileys irish cream + peppermint schnapps // pumpkin macaroons.
best enjoyed in front of a warm fire.
the holidays are coming.
time to bust out the flannel pajamas + baileys.
& happy 6 days until thanksgiving!
there’s something about the holiday season that naturally lifts your spirits. hello holiday cheer!
and cheers to one of the last non-holiday-influenced week in photos .. :)
- I got new ‘boots with the fur‘. courtesy of my aunt. just in time for the brrrr [I can’t say the w-word, yet].
- I took my happy-self to the dollar store & hobby lobby for some DIY supplies. [I’ll be sharing the projects on the blog next week].
- my aunt [that got me the boots] ALSO got [J] & I these handy refillable, travel-size perfume bottles. made by travalo. they’re so easy to use!
- the finished product: [J]’s cologne is now in a convenient, airport-security-friendly bottle ..and he’s ready to leave for NYC. [my bottle is pink!].
- on tuesday night, I made myself a scrumptious cup of hot chocolate. topped with whipped cream & chocolate shavings, of course.
- then I looked outside, and saw ..SNOW! ugh.
- [J] was in NYC this week, for business. and sent me this shot of him in times square. ahh, I miss it. a little.
- AND he brought me back a pint glass from the heartland brewery. which I love, an old date spot of ours :)
- HE’S HOME! [you can thank the pink hue to my phone cover].
have an amazing weekend everyone.
don’t forget: like little [lessons] in a BIG [city] on facebook. when it reaches 100 followers, there will be a giveaway!! [22 away – let’s do it! ..please] :)