occasionally the extremely pale, sun-sensitive skin and countless freckles get the better of me.
but most of the time, I’m just blessed to have strong irish roots.
we’re known for being kind, fun, and able to drink a beer, or eight. which is me to a T.
I hope you are all spending this day the way it is supposed to be enjoyed.
unless you’re working, like me. then celebrate with a beer afterwards.
but if not, may it go a bit like this ..
start with chocolate chip shamrock pancakes ..
then eat a reuben sandwich [corned beef + cabbage americanized, aka between two pieces of bread]..
and drink an irish or green beer ..
but most importantly, don’t forget to wear green.
or fear being pinched.
apartment tour coming this week …
have the best monday!
I want to jump up & down: friday is here.
I recruited [J] to make chocolate chip pancakes tomorrow for breakfast. after I sleep in, make a large cup of coffee, and then spend the majority of my day in pajamas. it just sounds nice.
do you have any fun weekend plans?
maybe a bit more ambitious than mine.
regardless, I hope it is great.
see you on monday!
I love to cook, but when it comes to breakfast in our house ..[J]’s the man. it all began one morning with surprise chocolate chip pancakes, in bed. and from then on ..I’ve been requesting his pancakes, frequently. after many delightfully chocolatey mornings ..I have convinced him to share a recipe. it’s perfect – the fruit you should have + the chocolate you want. all in [J]’s banana chocolate chip pancakes.
gather your ingredients and pre-heat the griddle.
in a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tbsp sugar. leave a well in the center.
whisk together 1 egg (slightly beaten), 1 cup milk, 2 tbsp melted butter (cooled & divided).
combine wet and dry ingredients in large bowl.
makes approximately 10 5-inch pancakes.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter (cooled)
- 1-2 bananas (mashed)
- preheat griddle to 350°F.
- whisk together dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar – in large bowl. make well in center.
- whisk together wet ingredients – egg, butter, milk
- combine dry & wet ingredients in large bowl
- mash banana and fold into batter
- pour appx 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- add chocolate chips (we like them chocolatey!)
- when bubbles appear over the top of each, flip and cook until golden brown.
- remove and repeat. lightly cover the pancakes with tinfoil to keep warm while you cook the rest.
- pour on your favorite syrup.