friday is here. friday is here.
[J] is off work today, and I am “forcing” him to try a new local restaurant with me. where is yet to be determined. I have a list two pages long of places I need to visit in des moines. what have I been doing? we’ve been living here almost a year now. I am a total creature of habit. I find a place I love and I can’t get enough of it. I must be feeling adventurous this cold afternoon.
my 4 favorite things around the world wide web today ..
this cheesy beef taco dip.
this drinking game.
from the genius venus trapped in mars. [she also created one for the big game]. and people, please do not forget about the puppy bowl on animal planet.
this office space.
on apartment therapy.
[J] & I are moving into a new apartment in a few weeks. and I’ve been dreaming about a glam office space.
this baby bodysuit.
some of my favorite bloggers have recently announced they have a new addition on the way. you need this!!!
have an amazing friday.
the weekend is almost upon us!
I’ll be back tomorrow with a last-minute recipe to accompany you during the big game.
the super bowl has always been a holiday to me.
why? because it meets all of my holiday qualifications ..
• it’s something I look forward to every year.
• I can spend the entire day drinking. and it’s completely acceptable. even encouraged.
• the food can only be described as delicious. or “worth the wait”.
• calories don’t count.
• meat, cheese, and tortilla chips become the only three food groups.
• I stop to think: “has there been a moment today I didn’t have food in my mouth?” then I answer, no.
• the dress code is comfortable.
• there is entertainment.
• and sitting on your couch is the only requirement.
what is not to love?
so clear your calendar of any engagements this sunday. and get to the grocery store before the velveeta cheese + rotel tomatoes are gone! this is serious business folks.
the next three days I will be sharing with you food & cocktail recipes to make the big game that much more enjoyable.
and on sunday, I’ll be live tweeting during the game. mostly about commercials. but obviously, football too. and photographs of what I’m drinking & eating, because that’s important.
see you tomorrow!
and come hungry :)