we [as in the blog + I] are shifting our focus a bit. emphasizing more on celebrations. both big + small. for holidays. and even those just because. more on that to come later. in the meantime, I want to share with you ..
the best date idea.
it may come at an appropriate time of year, with valentine’s day around the corner, but I’m a firm believer in the unexpected. if you plan a date on valentine’s day, it’s you + the rest of america. if you do it on a random day, the surprise will not be expected, therefore that much sweeter.
this date is so much fun, for many reasons. it incorporates you + your significant others favorite places & a scavenger hunt of sorts. instead of all at once, we’re taking this step by step. if you follow along, you’ll be ready for a great date in no time. we’re calling this ..
the love hunt.
as you can imagine, when there is a scavenger hunt involved, a lot of planning takes place behind the scenes. don’t look at it like that. it can be a tad overwhelming. think of it this way ..a day filled with your favorite places for food + cocktails + fun. grab a map [aka: google] and put on your creative hat. we’re planning a scavenger hunt turned best date ever!
you’re going to need
some a lot of scratch paper. jot down your favorite places + your favorite things to order/do there. the goal is to eat, drink, and do something fun. and if, at all, possible have it make geographical sense!
I decided to focus my efforts on our favorite places downtown des moines, IA. I, even, included a few we had not yet tried, but had been wanting to. my list looked like this:
• el bait shop. a craft beer lover’s dream, therefore my husband’s. why not start there? with a beer.
• hessen haus. I knew we’d be hungry by this time, so we’d go to our favorite german bar for a scrumptious appetizer. this is only the beginning.
• malo. a latin american restaurant, and the perfect place to get another appetizer + an order of tacos.
• django. my husband is a big dirty martini fan. I couldn’t plan a custom date for him, without making a dirty martini stop.
• up down. this an arcade bar. we’d never been, but spoke of going many times. think your grandparent’s basement filled with every game you can imagine + beer.
get to work on your list of places to eat, drink, and have fun.
meet me back here tomorrow, we’re writing + planning the clues.